Worship Internship

Tuesday, October 27, 2009


*Song of the Day* "You Hold me Now"- Hillsong United- An amazing song looking forward to heaven, and the beauty and purification it brings. Something encouraging and something to look forward to :)

As a worship music major we are required to do an internship at a church. Whether it is helping out with leading youth group in musical worship, bible studies, or the main congregation. There is a lot more to the internship requirements, and I won't bore you with them. Basically, the point is to put us, as worship leaders, "out there" to learn about how particular churches run their Arts Program, or Worship Ministries, whatever you want to call it. If I'm going to be honest with all of you, this part of my major has been one that I have tried to avoid and never looked forward to. Obviously it is unavoidable, when it has to be done in order for me to graduate. What I mean is that I have waited until my very last semester at Biola to fulfill this requirement. And if you know me at all, you'd know that I tend to procrastinate with things like this. Even in my procrastination and attempt to avoid the inevitable, God is still faithful. I've never been comfortable with "putting myself out there" with what I can bring to the table, and along with that, I'm not incredibly confident in the "leading" aspect of worship. I have been apart of worship teams, and it's a huge reason as to why I became a worship major. But leading a congregation, makes me a little nervous. All of this said, I need to find a church that will take me, for the amount of units I need, (6 units=12 hrs/week) this next semester. Along with that, ideally I would like to intern with a youth group, rather than the main congregation, because I have such a heart for kids, I would love to learn and grow along with helping out with jr/high school kids. SOOOO with ALL of that said...back to stating that GOD IS FAITHFUL! I have a meeting with the jr. high pastor at the church I have been attending for a couple of months, and the internship coordinator. I need to remember that this is just a meeting, and we'll probably just discuss what I can bring to the table, and if they want to mentor and teach me this coming semester. I am so excited, but actually kind of nervous. I feel like it's sort of a job interview even though they know I need to fulfill this requirement for school. The meeting is Monday, Nov. 2 at 10:30 AM, and any prayer would be appreciated. This church would be my first choice to intern at especially with the youth group :). Also any tips on how to "put myself out there" without going the "arrogant" route would be so helpful too. Thanks for tips and prayer. I know the meeting isn't for another week, but I just got the email today to meet with them! And I'm really excited/nervous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment