A Quick Thought

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

*Song of the Day* "New Beginnings" Ayeisha Jones- A fabulous Jamiacan Gospel singer who can rock it on a live stage!

First off I wanna thank God for the rain He's given LA today. He knows how much we need it, and I busted out my suede flat boots this morning for work...yay!

For the past day I have been working on studying for my music history midterm and it's starting to stress me out! I honestly hate the era we're studying right now, Medieval/Early Baroque Period. The songs I need to know all sound the same and have the similar "story line" of Christ or Christmas or wrath. I've been dreading the studying process because I don't appreciate this particular music period. However, just with making my study guide, I'm learning more and more, and finding out that so many composers in the early 11th-14th Centuries invented the ideas and concepts composers have been using for so many years. Yeah...it still sounds pretty boring...believe me it is. All I know is that I need to sit back and thank God that I get to study music, listen to music, and analyze it for a grade. Now the only thing I need to learn is discipline when I don't want to study. Thanks for reading....wish me luck :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment