People Suck

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

For some reason a stupid comment someone made on my Facebook wall really made me mad, and I feel the need to vent. Even typing it out I feel like like the comment has defeated me, and it shouldn't because I'm better then that. And I also don't need to prove anything to anyone!! For this reason of me being pretty heated right now, I won't be posting this particular blog on Facebook....but whoever reads it...well I don't care.

I guess I want to say, for the record, that I am really happy where I'm at in life. Yeah I happen to be the girl who, basically, all her friends are either married or very close to it. Believe it or not, I've had the most amazing time seeing my friends get married, and some move on to totally different lives. It's seriously a joy! I've never been the type of person to do something just because everyone else is doing it. Sure, we've all conformed to certain things that people do, but never in the same way, and hopefully for different reasons. I just hate that someone made me feel like I was "odd" for not being married or close to it just because most of my friends are there. I know it's stupid, because the person who said it doesn't know what's going on in my life. But that's also why I'm mad...they DON'T know what I'm doing in life, they DON'T know where I'm going, or ANYTHING!! I know I'll get over a comment like this.....but it's hard not to be mad, when I've definitely had my moments of wondering why I'm not in the same place is, it seems, everyone else is. Like I said, I'm happy. And it's all because God is so faithful to remind me that He has a plan for MY life, and it doesn't matter what everyone else is going through.

UGH! This is just me venting...you're welcome to see the comment on Facebook...I've already commented on the post, somewhat sticking up for myself :)

God is good, and He has a plan!

And people are stupid sometimes!

Love ya :)

*Song of the Day* "Rock and Roll" Eric Hutchinson- My new favorite song, that will definitely put you in a better mood....definitely needed today :) (3rd track on link)

5 comments:

Lindsay October 20, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

OMG Cass I saw that on your wall earlier today and I was thinking about what we had just talked about the other day...remember the reality check?

You are doing things the right way and for goodness sakes you only just turned 22! Believe me, I never planned to be married at 22 and in most circles of friends 22 year olds are NOT all married.

I'm glad you are content where you are because you should be. Glad you vented it out. Blogging is GREAT for that! Love you!

Nick Jones October 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Hello Cassie,

I am sooo mad I posted this huge comment and now its gone! haha

But to sum it up....I am sorry you were hurt and I just want you to know that the Cassie I know is great! and just keep up all of the hard work and it will all payoff one day!

Me and Ricky were talking just today about all of you girls and the memories we had of you, we both agreed you are all amazing girls and the guys your with are all lucky! Cassie, you will be a great wife to a very lucky guy one day but until the time comes just make sure you are making yourself happy!!

I hope the rest of your week is good! And I am sorry I have been out of touch with all of you girls the past few years....

Anonymous,  October 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Hey Cass! this is Melanie. so sad i dont get to see you this weekend! :(

but about this blog. That is so random, that he would write something like that on your wall when you probably never even talk on a regular basis. I have noticed, he has a tendency to write things like that on peoples walls...like smart alek remarks to peoples statuses. about 3 weeks ago, during our church service our pastor said something i loved that related to the message of the sermon, and I decided to post it to fb. "Bloom where your planted". he comments on it somthing like "well plants dont really have legs so what else can they do?" it was sooo dumb! It totally threw me off because it was so pessimistic and I was really feeling great about the message that God puts us in situations in our lives so that we may thrive. He buzz killed it for sure. Just thought I would share that with ya.

Also, I can relate to how your feeling. It is definately not the norm anymore to date someone for 5.5 years. everyone always asks us when we are getting married and everyone I know now who is married has bot been together as long and John and I have. We are waiting until at least one of us is graduated and we are financially stable! People give us so much crap and really, its our lives and our choice. So be content with who you are and know God is faithful in His plans for us. and I love you :)

Cassie Peters October 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

You are all soo sweet to comment and make me feel a lot better about where I'm at. I so appreciate it.

Linds..The "reality check" convo will forever be in my brain when I wonder where I'm at :)

Nick...You're sweet to say those things...it has been a long time...I hope you're doing well.

Mel...So bummed you weren't here this weekend, we had a fun girls night last night..But your words are so encouraging. I've always admired that you and John haven't jumped into marriage just because people think you should. It's the smartest thing to wait until you guys are financially stable. So don't worry about other people..just like I try not to :) Love you Mel.

You guys are all awesome!

miss ashley October 26, 2009 at 2:46 AM  

Hi Cass - I know I don't know you, and probably should not call you the way all your familiar friends do... but I chanced upon your blog on random... and reading this particular post.. i just felt i understood how you are feeling

well i am also in that situation, where everyone around me is flourishing and I am wondering "God where are you, and what about me???

but thanks for reminding me that God has a plan...

Post a Comment