The Narrow Path

Saturday, October 17, 2009

*Song of the Day* "Dream On" Kelly Sweet- She covered this song by Aerosmith, and it's totally in her own style, very blue-sy. I'm also singing this song for my voice lesson :)

Prayer is such an amazing thing. I feel like I pray so much throughout the day God gets sick of hearing my voice. I know that's not true. Anyways, what I know I need to work on is constantly being in the Word everyday. When I pray, I know and feel that God is listening, but in this past week of being more in the Word I was able to hear God speak to me more then ever, and I've forgotten what that feels like. Yeah it's hard to admit that I'm not a diligent reader of the Word, but it's obvious that God is showing me that I need to hear His voice through the Word, just as much as I need to come before Him in prayer everyday. Another hard thing to admit is that, sometimes, I don't know where to go when I open my Bible. So any suggestions, or comments about your favorite books/passages in the Bible would be great :). WOO God is good!

Something that has been on my brain for a while now, has been the fact that I'm going home to Turlock for a couple days next week, and I'm sooo excited!! I've been pretty homesick for a while, and I'm ready to go home and see friends and family! It's funny, but the more and more I go home to visit the more and more I appreciate my home, my family,my friends there, and even the small town life. I really miss it. And I'll be getting into this more and more, but I'll probably find myself heading back to Turlock after I graduate in May. Don't quote me on that, but at this point I'm not seeing it any other way. I need to save money, and I might have to go back home in order to do that. God is so good, and I've been feeling really okay about the whole idea, especially because I have no money to my name. Enough about that...bottom line is I miss Turlock...people from Turlock probably think I'm crazy for saying that, but it's true! I still have amazing friends there, a great church, and my family. I've made the most amazing friends down here in LA, but I think after 4 years of living in the city, I'm gonna be ready for small town life again :). We'll see what God has! Even saying all of this, and what my expectations are, I know God is saying right now, "You have no idea what kind of plans I have for you, and how great they are." So either way, I'm excited for the future, even though it's scary!

This is a long post..but thanks for your input about anything :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment